Established in 1969, TrailerCraft/Freightliner of Alaska is a heavy-duty truck and trailer Dealer, statewide parts retailer to the commercial trucking and transportation industry, the only dealer in the state of Alaska for Freightliner and Western Star trucks, Thomas Built Buses and Sprinter cargo and passenger vans. It also markets substantially to the snow removal industry, selling specialized Western, Blizzard and Snow Ex snow removal equipment to both residential customers and commercial fleets.
Department: Service Department
Reports to: Service Manager
Pay Class: Hourly/ Commission
TrailerCraft/Freightliner of Alaska is currently looking for Certified Diesel Mechanics to join our rapidly growing Service team. TrailerCraft is a family owned and operated Dealership and has been since 1969. We strive to give the best customer service in the industry and we do so by employing the best. If you are looking to advance your career in the heavy-duty industry, apply with Freightliner of Alaska today! We offer exceptional growth and advancement opportunities. We represent the country’s #1 truck manufacture and with the upcoming addition of a Brand-New Facility we are the fastest growing Heavy-Duty Dealership in Alaska.
- All types of medium and heavy-duty engine repairs.
Engine diagnostics and troubleshooting
Engine overhauls, in-frames and out of frames
Electrical repairs and diagnosis
Knowledgeable on multiple engine makes and models
Detroit, Cummins, Cat
- Maintain OEM certifications and updates
Maintain a clean, safe, and organized shop and working area
Own their own tools
- Ability to work flexible schedule and shifts
- 5+ years general repair experience preferred
- ASE certification a plus
- Experience with Cat, Cummins, or Detroit engines
- Transmission and Geartrain experience – Eaton, Allison, Detroit
- Certified training on any or all major engine manufactures
- Proficient with all computer software for diagnostic purposes
- Have a CDL or be willing to obtain one
- Flexible and quick in learning, attention to detail
- Able to work overtime as needed
- Able to travel for field work if needed
Pay / Benefits
- Complete benefit package – health insurance, dental, 401K
- Paid holidays and vacation
- $5,000 moving expense for lower 48
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $40.00 per hour plus proficiency bonus.